Saturday, February 14, 2009

For the love of the pen & pad...

I really appreciate and have a lot of admiration for songwriters that are slick with the pen and pad. There are a lot of different writers that I look up to, one of my favorites being BRYAN-MICHAEL COX!! This award winning songwriter and producer has worked with some of my favorite artists and has contributed to some of my favorite tracks. You always know the song he's workin on is poppin when he leaves his stamp, "Another B. Cox joint!".... DOPE!




Some artists he's work with:
Monica, Whitney Houston, LeToya Luckett, Omarion, Ciara, Mya, Amerie, Musiq, Tamia, Johnta Austin, Cassie, Olivia, Frankie J and Faith Evans . He has begun working on forthcoming projects by Monica (Executive Producer), Brandy, Mariah Carey, Teairra Mari, Keyshia Cole, Kelly Rowland, Trey Songz, Amerie, Mario, Tevin Campbell and Ashanti, just to name a few!

Some songs he has worked on:
Day 26 - 'Are We In This Together', 'Don't Fight The Feeling' and 'Come With Me'

Faith Evans - 'True Love'

Chris Brown - 'Winner' and 'Say Goodbye'

Ciara - 'So Hard'

Jagged Edge - 'Let's Get Married', 'Promise', 'Girl It's over', 'Best Man', 'Shady Girl' and 'I Don't Wanna' (which happends to to one of my FAVORITE songs by my FAVORITE group!!)

Danity Kane - 'Sucka For Love'

Monica - 'U Shoulda Known Better'

Trey Songz - 'Last Time

RL - 'Got Me A Model'

Johnta Austin - 'One Time For Love' and 'Baby Tell Me The Way'

Usher - 'Confessions (Pt.2)', 'Burn' & 'U Got it Bad'

Mary J. Blige - 'Be Without You'

Mariah Carey - 'Don't Forget About Us'

... again, that's just naming a few

He's won Grammys for production and songwriting credits and was named SESAC's Songwriter of the Year from 2000-2003

Man oh man, I would LOVE to work with him.... HOLLA AT ME!!


--I heart B. Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment