Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear YOU

Dear YOU,

I would like to formally introduce myself to you. HI! I'm Tameka aka Ms. MusiQ.... I've seen you around for years and although I would've loved for us to get to know each other a lot sooner, I've been in a long term, 3-way relationship with procrastination and insecurity. I know, I know... It sounds silly but, for as long as I can remember, they have been with me all my life.

I've been through some rough stuff in my life but as I mature and get older, I hold on to control and flirt with determination. I'm at a point in my life where I have conquered insecurity... but that loser procrastination is a tricky one to get rid of! I've tried talking to friends, I've turning to meditation for positivity and I've tried to act like it wasn't even there but every so often, procrastination would just creep up on me :(

I've been noticing you a lot more these days and I would like to thank you for remaining visible to me! I think you're the reason for this new found strength that I have and this time, I will not allow procrastination to steal my shine! I have ideas and goals and ambitions these days and I plan on attacking them with tunnel vision! I feel your presence everytime I wake up and I feel your guidance throughout my days as I figure out and progress in my life...

...... SUCCESS! I appreciate your opportunities and will not let you down!

2 comments:

  1. Darren Anthony recently posted a blog just like this on secretissafe.blogspot.com.

    Maybe you guys are meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... He did?? That's LIVE!!

    Are you familiar with him? Maybe you should introduce!! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete